|Objective||To help kids stay in control of their monthly income and expenses.|
Try this calculator from the Bank od Montreal to get a better understanding of your monthly income and expenses.
1. Go to the BMO Zone.
2. Click on "Monthly Budget Calculator"
3. Estimate your monthly income and enter it into the calculator.
4. Gather your receipts or print a bank report for this month. Enter your expenses into the calculator.
5. Look at the bottom of the calculator for your total income, total expenses and total surplus.
6. Evaluate your financial situation. Are you making enough money to cover your bills? Do you need to cut back on things or increase your income? How are you going to use your monthly surplus (save it, spend it, donate it, invest it)?
Mark this activity as complete when you have entered your income and expenses for at least one month and you have a good understanding of your financial outlook.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Average Rating||No one has rated this activity yet!|
|Age Range||13 14 15 16 17 18|
|Tags||Expenses Budgeting Money Income Personal Finances|