|Objective||To get kids to understand income, expenses and wants vs. needs.|
Create your own board game about income, expenses and wants vs. needs and then play it with your friends and family.
1. Plan out your board game. You will need to create a game where players make money (income), spend money (expense) and make decisions about whether an item is a need or a want.
2. Write down the rules and come up with a name for your game.
3. Get a large piece of white poster paper, felt markers, small blank index cards, a ruler, glue and anything else you would like to use to decorate your game.
4. Create your game board. Remember to leave spaces for cards, if your game has cards, and make a clear path from the beginning to the end of the game. Decorate it as much or as little as you want.
5. Create your cards. Decide what to put on each card and write them out/color them.
6. Get dice and play your game with friends and family.
Note: If your friends or family think it is a fun game, make a couple more and then sell them. You could also organize a tournament and sell tickets to the participants. Might as well make your game about income create a little income!
Mark this activity as complete when you have created one board game and played it with friends and family.
Track your progress and earn badges!
This activity is included in the following:
|Average Rating||No one has rated this activity yet!|
|Age Range||9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18|
|Tags||Expenses Income Wants vs Needs|